Lipstick knife is now trending, because it doesn’t attract any unwanted attention, you could keep it anywhere around. Its a perfect tool for self-defense for a small extent.
Lipstick knife doesn’t have a history as that of the other knives. It’s purely a new invention and it is just taking off, like other inventions.
As ladies usually carry around there lipsticks, this product would be a perfect match for them to have in there wallet for safety. But there are certain laws which restrict these knives.
Lets have a look at it in the below section.
Tabel of content
1. What is a lipstick knife?
2. Is lipstick knife legal
3. Is lipstick knife illegal
4. Lipstick knife for self-defense
5. What’s the best lipstick knife?
6. Lipstick switchblade
7. Lipstick knife keychain
8. Lipstick Pocket knife
What is a lipstick knife?
Lipstick knife is a small sharp edge bladed embedded in the lipstick box.
This lipstick box acts as a handle for the bladed embedded. This blade comes out of the box when the knob of the lipstick box is turned, You can check out the above video for the reference.
Is lipstick knife legal
The below mentions states doesn’t have any restrictions on lipstick knives in US
- Georgia – Misleading knives include lipstick knives are legal
- Hawaii – Disguised knives like belt knives, lipstick knives are legal
- Idaho – Disguised knives like lipstick knives are legal to own.
- Illinois – Disguised knives like lipstick knives fall under legal zone
- Indiana – lipstick knives fall under legal zone
- Iowa – Disguised knives like lipstick knives, and push knives are legal
- Kentucky – lipstick knives are legal.
- Maine – Disguised knives like cane knives and lipstick knives
- Maryland – It’s legal to have lipstick knives.
- Massachusetts – lipstick knives are legal to own
- Michigan – Hidden knives like belt knives and lipstick knives are legal.
- Minnesota – lipstick knives are legal
- Montana – Disguised knives such as cane knives and lipstick knives
- Nebraska – cane knives, lipstick knives, and belt knives are legal
- New Jersey – lipstick knives are legal
- North Carolina – Disguised knives, such as in a pen or lipstick are legal.
- Pennsylvania – concealed knife, such as in a lipstick or belt buckle is legal
- Rhode Island – Concealed knife, such as in a belt buckle or lipstick are legal
- South Carolina – A disguised knife like lipstick or belt buckle are legal
- South Dakota – Belt buckle or lipstick knives are legal.
- Utah – Disguised knives, such as a lipstick or belt buckle are legal.
- Vermont – lipstick knives are legal
- Washington – lipstick or belt buckle is legal.
Is lipstick knife illegal
Below mentioned states have restrictions on the lipstick knives.
- California – Misleading knives include cane knives, belt knives, pen knives, etc are illegal.
- Iowa – This states both restricts and allows the lipstick knives under certain conditions
Is Lipstick knife for self-defense
Absolutely, the lipstick knife is a perfect self-defense tool just like pepper spray and others.
As explained previously this doesn’t attract any unwanted attention, as it is a small tool and looks exactly as in everyday use lipstick.
I don’t say this would be the only source of self-defense tool, whereas it can help to a certain extent.
What’s the best lipstick?
Is Lipstick knife a switchblade
Exactly, the lipstick knife is considered as the switchblades.
Switchblades are nothing but the knife which as a folding or the sliding blade which contains a handle which opens up automatically by a spring or a button or with any external pressure. As lipstick knifes opened up on the external pressure put on the top of the knob, so it is considered as the switchblades.
Lipstick Pocket knife
Lipstick knife is consider as the pocket knives, because of the size.
Lipstick knives are very handy and would be useful in many scenarios not just for the self-defence.
There are multiple pocket knives, but this makes a cut for the ladies as they usually use keep lipsticks in the wallet.
Conclusion on Lipstick Knife
Lipstick knife is the best choice to have for self-defense. There are multiple self-defense tools better then the lipstick knives, I don’t deny that.
But kindly check if your state permits you to own and carry a lipstick knife in your state.