Survival knives or outdoor knives are built for wilderness environments.
It is one of the important equipment when you go into the wild. Army uses a certain type of survival knives.
These outdoor knives can be used for trapping, wood cutting, skinning, wood carving, etc.
Hunters, hikers, outdoor sports enthusiasts, etc use different types of outdoor survival knives, today we are about to compare two awesome survival knives ie Fallkniven a1 vs Esee 6Hm
Table of Content:
1. FallKniven A1 and ESEE 6HM review table.
2. Fallkniven Knives A1 Review
3. Fallkniven Knives A1 pro and Cons
4. ESEE Knives ESEE-6HM Review
5. ESEE Knives ESEE-6HM Pro and Cons
FallKniven A1 and ESEE 6HM review table
|Full Name :||ESEE Knives ESEE-6HM Fixed Blade Knife Traditional Green Micarta (6″ Black)||Fallkniven Knives A1 Survival Knife w/ Zytel Sheath (6.3″ Black Plain)|
|Hardness:||59 RC||55-57 RC|
|Blade Style:||Drop Point||Drop Point|
Buy At Amazon
FALLKNIVEN KNIVES A1 REVIEW :
If your looking for an outdoor survival knife and you should probably consider a Fallkniven A1.
I don’t deny the fact that there are several other best knives.
The design factor gives the special kind of hipe to the knife I am about to review.
Security standards, strength, built quality and the value of the money gives an extra boost for Fallkniven A1.
Fallkniven is a company which produces the limited edition model of knives based on the user interests and requirements.
Fallkniven as an exceptionsal model of blades, These develop the bladed based user’s persona, Keeping the user’s requirements as the first priority they develop a passionate based blade on Sweden.
These high-end qualities and the exceptional grind results give an exquisite performance, making it an outstanding blade for outdoors and hunting.
Now the intrusts on the outdoor knives have rapidly grown over the years and the few companies like Fallkniven has made the exceptional models to support the growth and interest of the users.
FEATURES OF FALLKNIVEN A1 SURVIVAL KNIFE :
- Fallknives A1 as a plain edge with a convex grind.
- It as a total length of 280 mm and the blade is 160 mm.
- The knife is no more than 305 gm.
- It as a thickness of 0.24 inch.
- The blade is made up of the VG10 stainless steel and has a drop point.
- It drop point is made up of the VG10 japan steel, which gives more strength compared to the solid steel.
- This blade holds good in cold conditions as well.
- This blade as convex grind hence this makes easy to chop anything.
- Fallknivens A1 as the advanced built quality and as the distinct design quality compared to any other survival knives.
- A knife as the threshold of 556lbs, this makes it highly sold.
- The knife handle is constructed of the Kraton.
- Kraton is a high-density polymer.
- The handle as the thick stock of lamination pocking out through handle, This makes the handle comfortable to hold.
- The handle as a diamond-shaped texture, thing gives enough grip in all the situations.
- Handle as a very high resistance capacity to weather, flame, chemicals, shocks, etc.
- Fallkniven as the full tang metal bottom for perfect hammering.
- The metal is embedded at the end of the knife, this knife withstands a lot of hard use.
- The knife as a Zytel polymer sheath which is lightweight and simple.
- Polymer sheath is very easy to clean.
- The polymer sheet as a drain hole, to fit into the wet conditions.
- The sheath is very stable even in the extream cold environment.
- The sheath favors the one hand insertion and removal of the knife.
- It has the belt loop at the end of the sheath, which holds the knife firmly.
- Over the sheath is a combination of strong quality and usability.
FALLKNIVEN KNIVES A1 PROS AND CONS:
- A knife as a Zytel polymer sheath which is lightweight and simple.
- Fallkniven is extremely durable and sharp.
- It as a good length of 11 inches and keeps you in the distance while you are in defense.
- It holds good in external temperature as well.
- Convex grind helps in high strength for chopping.
- Built-in Quality and design hold the high solid threshold up to 556lbs.
- Handle having diamond texture give a solid grip in hand.
- Metal Botton on the Fallkniven help in hammering and withstands high pressure.
- As the blade is made up of the Laminated steel, it is a bit difficult to sharpen the blade.
- Fallknivens A1 is a bit expensive if you’re in a low budget.
- Karaton grip would become slippery in the later end.
ESEE Knives ESEE-6HM Review
ESEE-6HM is the newer model of Esee 6 with minor changes.
ESEE-6 as an overall length of and the handle looks completely different from the ESEE 6HM.
ESEE – 6 as a jimping at the back of the bladder whereas the 6HM model doesn’t have that feature.
As this article is not about the difference between the 6 and 6HM I am not going to say in depth about the 6 models.
This is also a 1 of the best model of an outdoor survival knife.
The features and the built quality gives it an exception back support to be 1 of the best knife.
ESEE Knives ESEE-6HM Review :
- The overall length of the knife is 11 inch.
- The blade length is 6.30 inches.
- The knife as a thickness of 0.24 with a cutting edge of 6.00
- Its handle is 59 RC. the langer holes in the knife give you a slighter edge of greater grip.
- It has rounded handle whereas the ESEE 6 had a flat handle.
- The ESEE 6HM as a beautifully built quality.
- The rounded handles and the handle material gives you the exact grip required.
- I feel the knife is missing jimping as it would give still more grip for handling the knife.
- It has a leather sheath, with a beautiful finishings.
- The leather sheath doesn’t have a buckle at the bottom to hold the knife firmly inside.
- As the sheath is made of the leather is give the good life as that of the knife.
ESEE Knives ESEE-6HM Pro and Cons :
- The knife as a length of 11 inches and keeps you in the distance while using.
- The knife as an awesome built quality and withstand high pressure.
- It is extremely sharp and very durable.
- It holds good of different temperatures.
- As the handle is rounded it gives an even more grip to handle the blade.
- The sheath is made up of durable leather material and has a good built quality.
- The knife is missing jimping which gives you a grip.
- The knife is a bit expensive as well.
- As the knife does not have a nuckel at the starting of the blade it might cause the slipping of the blade as well.